The Asphalt Emulsion Manufacturers Association encourages and promotes the efficient and increased use of emulsified asphalt as a paving product. The Association is dedicated to the advancement and improvement of the road asphalt emulsion industry.
While appreciable progress toward these goals is being made, continued advancement requires safeguards against possible counter-productive or unethical behavior on the part of any individual or group.
Therefore, we, as active members of AEMA, do adhere to the highest standards of conduct in the handling of our affairs within the asphalt emulsion industry, and will at all times:
- Be aware of our responsibility to produce and market the highest quality products while offering our customers prompt and satisfactory service.
- Be completely fair, honest, and above board, and in compliance with all applicable laws.
- Be aware of our obligation to avoid any action that might serve to jeopardize the welfare of the asphalt emulsion industry.
- Be resolute in our determination to improve and better our products through continual research and development.
- Be active in cooperating with government agencies in their efforts to obtain the best in road construction and performance for tax dollars spent.
- Be active in the advancement of the technology of emulsion production and use so as to improve the environment through reduced hydrocarbon emissions pollution, and to aid in the conservation of fuel resources.
- Be willing to support and operate within the free enterprise system.
- Be mindful of maintaining the highest standards of character and integrity.
The AEMA Ethics Committee will serve to monitor compliance with the principles stated above. The AEMA Ethics Committee will have full responsibility for determining violations of the AEMA Code of Ethics, and will recommend appropriate action when violation of the Code is determined.