Asphalt Emulsion Technology makes possible the applications that prolong pavement lives at lower life cycle costs. Asphalt emulsions are the most environmentally sound, energy efficient and cost effective products used in the pavement maintenance and construction industry.
The Asphalt Emulsion Manufacturers Association’s Past Presidents’ Award for Emulsion Excellence is presented in recognition of a specific project utilizing asphalt emulsions, completed in the past calendar year. Projects submitted could include the use of emulsions in pavement preservation applications, pavement rehabilitation applications or the use of emulsions in building pavement structure.
The award will be presented to the Agency, the Contractor, and the Emulsion Manufacturer of the winning entry.
Click here for 2020 AEMA Past Presidents’ Award for Emulsion Excellence Nomination Instructions
Benefits to the Winner:
- AEMA will send letters of commendation to the official representatives of the winning project.
- AEMA will provide the representatives with a commemorative plaque in recognition of the award.
- AEMA will document the award presentation in the subsequent issue of AEMA Newsletter
- AEMA will recognize awardee through social media channels, the association website, and issue a press release to the trade press
The 2020 AEMA Past Presidents’ Award is for projects completed between December 1, 2018, and November 30, 2019.
Projects submitted for consideration will be judged on:
- Customer Satisfaction: The customer should be thoroughly satisfied with the project.
- Technical Solution: The project should utilize the right application and materials.
- Cost Effectiveness: The project should utilize the right application and materials, at the right time.
- Eco-Efficient: The project should utilize applications and materials with minimal environmental impact at the best cost.
- Conformance to AEMA Best Practices: All projects must exhibit best practices as outlined in the BAEM and/or Recommended Performance Guidelines.
Only AEMA member companies may nominate a project for this award.
Submissions must be in the form of a power point presentation with the Ballot.
Submissions must include the following:
- Official name of the project: the name of the roadway, its numerical designation, the location of the roadway including mile marker if available and directions to the job site.
- Complete contact information for the agency, the contractor, and the emulsion manufacturer.
- A description of the roadway before and after the application, including any relevant history applicable to the roadway, the last time a treatment was applied.
- Any related information regarding pavement design information, traffic volume, aggregate size, and the emulsions used.
- Complete details about the project and any pertinent challenges, innovations, research, challenges, strategic alliances, cost savings, etc.
- At least 5 and no more than 10 non-staged professional photographs, suitable for publication, which adequately represent the overall project.
- Judging will be performed by a selected group of AEMA’s active past presidents.
- Only those submissions received by the published deadline will be judged.
- The decision of the judges is final.
Prepare the nomination in Power Point, name the file 2020_AEMAPastPresAward_[CompanyName],
and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than December 1, 2019. Entries received after December 1 will not be judged. The award will be presented at the 2020 Annual Meeting in San Antonio, Texas.
County of Santa Barbara, CA
Intermountain Slurry Seal, Inc.
Western Emulsions, Inc.
Georgia Department of Transportation
GDOT Thomaston – District 3 Asphalt Shop
Ergon Asphalt & Emulsions, Inc.
- Texas Department of Transportation
- Kiewit Construction
- Ergon Asphalt & Emulsions, Inc.
- Rankin County, MS, Road Department
- TL Wallace Construction
- Ergon Asphalt & Emulsions, Inc.