Voting Membership – The following membership classes shall have a vote in all determinations of the Association at regular and special meetings or by mail vote (including facsimile) and shall be eligible to serve as directors and hold office in the Association:
- North American Manufacturer Membership — Available to any corporation engaged in the manufacture or selling of asphalt emulsions in the United States, Canada and Mexico.
- International Manufacturer Membership — Available to any corporation engaged in the manufacture or selling of asphalt emulsions in countries other than the United States, Canada and Mexico.
- Supplier Membership — Available to any corporation supplying goods or services to the asphalt emulsion manufacturing industry.
Non-Voting Membership – The following membership classes shall have no vote in determination of the Association and shall not be eligible to serve as directors or hold office in the Association:
- Associate Membership — Available to Contractors, Testing Laboratories, Consulting Engineering Firms and other businesses involved in the application, testing, and/or specifying the use of asphalt emulsion and asphalt emulsion based processes.
- Individual Membership — Available to any individual with an interest in asphalt emulsion who does not qualify for Associate membership.
AEMA policy requires that a person or firm join in the highest membership category for which he (or it) qualifies.
MEMBERSHIP DUES: Annual dues for membership in the Association are based on the following schedule:
North American Manufacturer: $ 3,000 per year, plus $300 for each additional emulsion plant operated by or from which emulsion is sold by an AEMA member, to a maximum annual payment of $10,000.
International Manufacturer: $ 3,000 per year
Supplier: $ 3,500 per year
Associate: $ 500 per year
Individual: $ 100 per year
Contributions or gifts to AEMA are not deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes; however, dues, publications, advertising, and registration fees are generally deductible as ordinary and necessary business expenses. Check with your accountant.